A blended learning progamme for coaches looking to
improve their mentoring skills
The UKSCA have partnered with one of the UK's leading sport training and education companies to make this workshop available for UKSCA members. The day will be run by Penny Crissfield who has an international reputation in coaching and coach education and was inducted into the Coaching Hall of Fame in 2005, winning the Dyson Award for coach education.
Prior to the workshop, members will complete online modules, designed to prepare everyone for the face-to-face training. The day will be interactive, with structured opportunities to develop and practice skills.
The online module will help you to:
- explain what is meant by mentoring
- identify the necessary underpinning skills determine how, why and who you want to mentor as part of your (coach developer) role
- use a simple framework to help you structure your mentoring interventions
- apply and practise your mentoring skills
The workshop will help you to:
- clarify your role and responsibilities as a S&C mentor
- explore and practise using a framework to structure your mentoring sessions
- build a bank of effective questions develop your observation and listening skills
- explore and use a framework to help coaches reflect on their practice
This professional skills workshop has been significantly subsidised by the UKSCA as part of our wider aim to raise the standards of coach development in the profession.
This event will be run on 5 October 2017 from 1000-1600 at the Hilton Hotel, Manchester Airport.
10 UKSCA CPD credits awarded
Book online or call 0345 300 8078